At Glende-Nilson Funeral Home & Cremation Service, we believe that a funeral or memorial service is a very important step in the grieving process. We also believe that the days, weeks and months following can be very difficult for those grieving the loss of a loved one. During this time, the support, encouragement and guidance of others is very important. We understand how difficult it is to approach grief and to begin the healing process. This is why we are committed to offering on-going support, understanding, and education through our Grief Support Program.
ICARE Vision Statement:
Intentionally support the needs of bereaved members of the community.
Compassionately companion the bereaved, bearing witness to and honoring their pain.
Accept the bereaved and all their feelings unconditionally.
Restore in others the faith that hope is real.
Educate the community and ourselves about the needs of the bereaved.
We are here to educate you and your loved ones about the grieving process as well as connect you with other resources in the community. We offer the following invaluable services:
- Support at the time of the viewing, funeral and after the service—in person, by phone or by mail
- A listing of support groups in our area
- Referrals to groups, workshops, retreats, counselors and other resources
- Invitations to holiday memorial programs as well as other community grief education events
- Grief education materials for all ages
We offer our Grief Program at no additional cost to you or your family. For more information about our Grief Program, please call 218-736-7064.